Dear Delegates, Faculty and Partners,
On behalf of the Organizing and Scientific Committee, I am pleased to invite you to our third Emirates Digestive Diseases Week (EDDW), which is organized by the Emirates Digestive Diseases Group (EDDG) of the College of Medicine & Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University.In 2015 and 2017, we celebrated the enormous success of the first and second editions of this international conference. Our upcoming landmark meeting is scheduled between March 28 – 30, 2019 and the scientific program is as equally rich and exciting. We are delighted to bring internationally renowned authorities in the field of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases to conduct our flagship IBD Masterclass.
Panels of distinguished international, regional and local speakers have been recruited to deliver cutting-edge interactive presentations on advances in research and clinical practice in Endoscopic Management of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (Stretta), Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty, new ways to use Spyglass, ESG and the Apollo device, as well as advances in the treatment of hepatitis B and hepatitis C. Over the stretch of the conference days, we will keep you entertained with our featured live endoscopy sessions, hands-on endoscopy workshops as well as dedicated nursing program.
EDDW 2019 is a world-class congress which strives to transform gastroenterology meetings in the region and will definitely cater to a wide variety of delegates from different backgrounds. The exhibition hall will also keep you entertained with a lot to see while you walk around the various booths and exhibits of leading industry and ample time for networking with colleagues and friends from the UAE and the globe.
I hope that we will find EDDW 2019 a truly stimulating and memorable event.
We look forward to welcoming you in Dubai in the very near future.
Ali Al Fazari,MD
EDDW 2019 President
- IBD Masterclass
- Endoscopic Management of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (Stretta)
- Tips and tricks in management of upper GI diseases
- Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty
- New ways to use Spyglass
- State of the art lectures on ESG and the use of the Apollo device
- Advances in the treatment of Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C
- Live endoscopy sessions
- Hands-on endoscopy workshops
- Dedicated nursing program
- Endoscopy Specialists
- Family Practitioners
- Internal Medicine
- Allied Health
- Nursing Staff
Reasons to Attend
In numerous lectures, presentations, courses, posters and videos, leading experts will present the latest scientific knowledge and state of the art research in Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
The Emirates Digestive Disease Week (EDDW2019) in its third edition provides a unique platform and the opportunity to meet and network with international and regional faculty and gain insight into the latest product information and trends. Do not miss this opportunity to meet gastroenterologists, surgeons and endoscopy technicians and nurses from around the globe.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION Terms & Conditions:
Emirates Digestive Diseases Week International Conference, March 28th – 30th, 2019, Raffles Dubai Hotel, Unites Arab Emirates invites you to submit an ‘Abstract’ for the Emirates Digestive Diseases Week International Conference (EDDW). To submit an abstract, please read all of the instructions below.
Abstract submission deadline: 15th December 2018.
Notification on Acceptance/Rejection: 15th January, 2019.
Please note that only electronic submissions are accepted. Language
All abstracts must be submitted in English using the online submission form through www.EDDW.ae website.
Abstract Categories Clinical, basic, translational abstracts or case reports may be submitted in the following categories:
- IBS & Neurogastroenterology
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Hepatopancreaticobiliary Diseases
- GI Cancers
- Oesophagogastric and small bowel diseases (including coeliac disease)
- Colorectal diseases
- Abstracts are required for all presentations.
- Abstracts must be submitted maximum by 15th December 2018 (23:59 GMT)
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing. It is possible to withdraw an abstract 14 days after notification on acceptance.
- If selected, it is the responsibility of the presenter to bear his travel and accommodation expenses.
Presenting Author and Registration:
- The presenting author must register as an active participant at the conference at the latest 14 days after acceptance of an abstract.
- EDDW Conference committee reserves the right to exclude any abstract from the scientific program that is not followed by a participant registration at the latest 14 days after notification on acceptance.
Contents of your abstract:
- The abstract word limit is max. 300 words per abstract. EDDW Conference Secretariat reserves the right to edit abstracts that exceed the word limit.
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study. Write the abstract title in CAPITAL LETTERS. No full stop at the end.
- No identifying features such as names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or abstract text, as a “blind” review process will be used. You will be asked to enter the name(s) of author(s) and their institution(s), when you submit your abstract online.
- The abstract must include the following:
Aim: Clearly state the purpose of the abstract.
Methods: Describe your selection of observations or experimental subjects clearly. Results: Present your results in a logical sequence in text, table and illustrations. Conclusions: Emphasize new and important aspects of the study (perhaps as a discussion section) and the conclusions that are drawn from them.
- All abbreviations must be defined in first use.
- Statements such as “results will be discussed” or “data will be presented” cannot be accepted.
- Use of brand names for all references to products or companies, generic names must be used. The brand name can be inserted as a reference at the bottom of the abstract page. Papers containing brand names/company names in the abstract text (i.e. not in a reference at the bottom of the page) may be rejected for this reason only. EDDW Conference Secretariat reserves the right to replace any brand name with a generic name without further notice.
- Images that are uploaded to follow the abstract are not guaranteed inclusion in the Conference Materials.
- The scientific committee will review the abstracts submitted
- Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent to all authors by 15th January, 2019. (23:59 GMT)
- It is the responsibility of all investigators that all studies are performed with respect to national legislation, international legislation and ethical guidelines both with regards to humans and animals. EDDW Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject any submitted abstract that is believed to violate these principles
- Please verify that your email address (submitter and presenting author) is correct as it will be used for contacting you after the review process.
until 18st February, 2019
19th February - 19th March, 2019
20st March, 2019 onwards